Free consult & free copy of book

E-Myth – “Why most small businesses don’t work & what to do about it”

Contact Us


Most 5 star CPA Google reviews in Canada

Read Reviews

Chartered Professional Accountants E Myth

1 Fixed Monthly Fee - Planning | Accounting | Taxes | Consulting

Helping Canadian businesses beat the odds!

Business Consultant | Jump For Your CPA When Filing Taxes

Business consultant gets very excited when they have information that is very positive for small business owners when they feel as though they are down on their luck and not doing very well and have a lot of penalties accrued.

Business owners will often, stick their head in the sands and delay filing taxes to deal with a lot of the constraining tax flow. However, unbeknownst to them what will happen is the business consultant has a lot of ideas with which to save them a little bit of money. They will indeed still have a lot of penalties pay the Canada revenue agency, but they might be able to lessen the bleeding a little bit more.

5% of the balance owing +1% a month is going to be the penalty for every time that you do not file your taxes. That is a huge amount and could be the proverbial knife in the back for a lot of small businesses. If you are late multiple times, 10% of the business and the balance owing +2%, for every month until you file is going to be the penalty. This is going to be detrimental to a lot of businesses.

Understand the fact that it can completely illuminate the penalty if you just are open and honest with the Canada revenue agency.

June 15, if you own a proprietorship, that is your legitimate date to file. As well, if you are an unincorporated business, June 15 is also your date to file your taxes. You may be able to file on or before June 15.

Business consultant also says that April 30 is obviously the personal deadline for taxes. We should all be used to this deadline by now if we don’t know the exact date, we always know that it is going to be in and around the spring.

Regardless that if you don’t get any penalties if you have an unincorporated business, your date is April 15. Make sure that you understand that after you file on those days you will begin to incur penalties.

Some people will think that their year-end is set when they incorporate their company, or get their GST number. That is not necessarily true. Your year-end on the other hand, is when the year and is set when you file your corporate tax return. That is what the. Where you didn’t make any money and it is going to be set at year number one. Remember the fact that if you didn’t make any money, 5% of zero was still zero, so it doesn’t really matter if you get penalties or not. Lots of times you can strategize in terms of your first year in business as well. When you are going to reach a certain amount of profitability, potentially in year three, your or year for, it is going to be good to know about your year-end date.

Should You Get A Business Consultant Soon?

Business consultant says that it is probably a very good idea to have your CPA do all of your year end filing. As there can be some subtleties, some idiosyncrasies, and things that you just have not seen or don’t know how to deal with in terms of your small business.

Unlike, a personal tax return and year-end potentially it can be very difficult in that understanding your year end dates, and all of the idiosyncrasies that potentially the Canada revenue agency wants for your business.

For example, business consultant alludes to the fact that GST can be a little bit hard. In terms of the Canada revenue agency, they viewed GST as a trust account. What this means is that according to them, it wasn’t legitimately your money to begin with. As well, this can be very difficult to in that the default is three months. The personal corporate arrears, and generally get six months off. Six months is generally easier to get because they generally have more flexibility.

However there’s always the potential to get a longer term. However a longer-term solidification can be like pulling teeth in terms of talking with your CPA in regards to the dealings with the Canada revenue agency. You’re going to start making a better as soon you file your taxes it’s as simple as that. There is a light at the end of the tunnel if you just follow the instructions of your charter professional accountant, and file your taxes. The amount of the interest you pay is always going to be the same so that should be negligible. However, the penalties should not be incurred if you just simply file your taxes.

As well, you may be able to access the voluntary disclosure program from your Canada revenue agency. What this necessarily means is you will be able to voluntarily disclose your, situation as well and make sure that they know of your situation before they do. As soon you understand that you’re not going to be able to pay all of the things make sure you call them so that they can maybe get a get rid of all the penalties.

The personal taxes and the April 30 deadline, the people with an incorporated businesses and June 15 they’re going to be start to charge you interest from the tax on the April 30 regardless. Bear in mind that interest, is like death and taxes. It never goes away, it will always be there, and you will always have to pay it. It is as simple as that.

Often times what happens, says business consultant, is the fact that a lot of business owners don’t know how to deal with it, so they’ll just buried her head in the sand. They do not think that there is an easy way out of the money that they owe to the Canada revenue agency.